Assalaamualaykum warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh.
Dear sisters and brothers rahimakumullah,
Masjid Istiqlal Management has been closely monitoring and assessing the situation of the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19). In lieu of recent development and out of the abundance of caution, we have made a decision to close masjid Istiqlal starting from today until further notice. Reopening is subject to further evaluation by the management. The quickest way to know the status of the Masjid Istiqlal complex is through Istiqlal Apps.
The following activities that usually draw more than 10 people will cease during total closure:
- All forms of sholat: All 5X Daily Prayer, Friday Prayer, all types of Sunnah Prayer individual or communal
- All forms of non-normative worship: Qur’anic Recitation, Halaqah, IQS, Tarteel Institute, INAMY
- All forms of external Masjid activities: Kantin, Karate Self-defense, Office Meetings
Parking lot and infrastructure development will continue as scheduled and are not affected by the closure. Several IAMC/Istiqlal essential caretakers are assigned to continue to be in property perimeter in order to perform complex deep cleaning as well as periodic welfare check to the property during the closure.
The management has formed a community support team to benefit family members who got affected by COVID-19 and must stay at home. Please contact brother Dharma Pohan for more detailed information.
In the meantime, you can help the community by being vigilant of your health, and be considerate of others:
- If you are sick, please stay home
- Avoid visiting events/places where there will be a large gathering for an extended period.
- Avoid direct touching and wash your hands frequently.
We ask Allah Azza Wa Jalla to protect us from this sickness and all dangerous sicknesses. We ask Allah Azza Wa Jalla to grant recovery for those who have fallen ill.
Wassalamualaikum wa rahmatullah
Masjid Istiqlal Management – test